§1 Information to the collection of personal data and provider identification
(1) In the following, we, Blue Kraken Dev GmbH & Co.KG, inform you about the collection of personal data when using the BKO Online App (hereinafter „BKO Online“). Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally (such as name, address, e-mail address(es), user behaviour).
(2) Person in charge in accordance Article 4, section 7 of EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) and in accordance to § 13 German Telemedia Act (TMG) is:
Blue Kraken Dev GmbH Registered office and registration court Zug ID CHE-173.983.044 Company register:Click here
Managing Director: Nicolas Herbert Wind
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, your e-mail address and, if you have provided it, your company name, your name, your city and your telephone number will be stored by us in order to answer your enquiry (legal bases are Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a, b, f DSGVO). We delete the data collected in this context after the storage is no longer required or – in the case of statutory retention obligations – restrict their processing.
§2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• The right to access information • The right of correction and deletion • The right to restrict processing • The right of withdrawal of consent • The right to object to processing • The right to data portability (2) For all notifications, enquiries and information as well as for a withdrawal of your consent or an objection to processing, you can reach us at mail[at]bluekrakenonline[dot]com or at the address stated under § 1 (2).
(3) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data in our company.
§3 Collection of personal data when using the AR Reader
(1) Data usage in the App stores When downloading BKO Online, the required information is transferred to the Google Play Store or the Apple Appstore, i.e., in particular user name, e-mail address and customer number of your account, time of download, payment information and the individual device identification number. We have not responsible for and have no influence on this data collection. We only process the data insofar as it is necessary for downloading the AR Reader to your mobile device (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b, f DSGVO).
(2) Data use by third-party software The app uses the Unity Game Engine and the Vuforia AR platform as the app base for various functions.
The tools provided in the Unity Game Engine for collection user behaviour information are disabled in the app.
Vuforia is used to scan and recognise the images/markers. This function is needed to position the augmented reality objects (3D models, images, video and audio content) on the device screen. The AR Reader does not use the „Cloud Recognition“ function. PTC inc. is responsible for the collection of data by the Vuforia AR platform.
We use videos from Vimeo in our app. As it is not possible to host the videos locally on our server or as local storage in the app would require too much memory, we use the services of Vimeo, a third-party provider. For technical reasons, the integration of Vimeo videos results in requests to the Vimeo server whereby data from your end device is transmitted to the Vimeo server. For the use of data from your browser or the device associated with the playing of a video, please refer to the provider’s data protection policy. Further details on data processing and information on data protection by Vimeo can be found at: https://vimeo.com/privacy.
(3) Usage of the camera Before using the AR App for the first time, you will be asked to grant the App access to the camera. When the camera is used, no data is collected or stored by us. Access is only provided to integrate the 3D models and other content such as videos or images into the environment in the context of augmented reality.
(4) Usage of the file system of the mobile device Before first use, you may be asked to grant the app access to your device’s file system. Access is provided to the app’s folder and is restricted. The permission granted is read-only and is used to display 3D models, videos, images and similar content made available in the device as part of the installation process.
(6) External websites On specific situations the app will access the device’s dedicated browser. After starting the browser, a stored website is displayed. The data protection provisions of the website called apply for the browser session.
§5 Data backup
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data from threats during data transmission and from being accessed by third parties. These measures are kept up to date with the current state of the art.
We reserve the right to amend this data protection declaration from time to time so that it always complies with the current legal requirements or in order to implement changes to our services in the data protection declaration e.g., when new functions are introduced.